Saturday, July 5, 2008

Touch of Nature Explosion Card


This is my first attempted explosion card, as taught by Dawn in her Explosion Card Video (scroll down). Thank you, Dawn, for a well done video.


What I've done differently: instead of a 2 5/8 inch square piece of patterned paper, I used a whisper white square with 2 stamps from the Touch of Nature set, following part of a tutorial by Michelle Zindorf. Like Michelle, I love stamping nature scenes. What I did differently from Michelle's tutorial is emboss the bird using Versamark and Basic Grey Classic inks before colouring him in. I also used all Stampin Up markers rather than those used in the tutorial.


Touch of Nature is going bye-bye on August 10th, or once the supply runs out, whichever comes first. So, if you have your heart set on these stamps contact your local demonstrator.


No comments: