Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Embrace Two Sizes of Grid



The technique lover's challenge, TLC177 on Splitcoast for Monday, June 14 is to create an item using the grid technique. My card also uses the layout challenge, SC36.

My base card is Blue Bayou, stamped tone-on-tone with the retiring background stamp, Print Pattern. The grids are on the Naturals White cardstock, overstamped in River Rock ink with the Twill background stamp. They're matted on Chocolate Chip cardstock. There are two silver brads at the ends of the Word Window punchouts in Wild Wasabi cardstock.

The Embrace Life leaves are stamped in Wild Wasabi, and the flower is stamped in Ruby Red Craft ink to hold the Heat & Stick powder then Dazzling Diamonds. Hopefully, the sparkles show up on the photo. Finally, a watercolour brush was used to apply Wonder Watercolor Crayons in Cameo Coral and Ruby Red. The cut-out flower was attached with mini glue dots.

Now for the grids. I don't have a Scor Pal, so I had to figure out a way to get these lines straight using my little black Fiskers scoring attachment. I used a good old-fashioned ruler and pencil on the back side of the larger Naturals White cardstock piece to line up evenly spaced lines at 1/4 inch, going both ways, then scored. I cut the smaller piece a perfect square, then scored both ways corner to corner. Then, I lined up the scored lines with the edge of the inner groove of the Fiskers cutting tool, and scored at 1/8 inch intervals going each way.

Here's a frugal tip: I cut out a frame from the larger chocolate chip cardstock to mat the leaves, then used part of the cut out part to mat the smaller piece with the flower.


Enjoy.

3 comments:

Corinna is Stamptopia.com said...

Hey there, baby girl! Great samples posted here. You've been busy!

I was hoping to see you last night so I could wish you a Happy Birthday (belated).. I hope all is well with you - see you soon!

Anonymous said...

Your score/grid lines are awesome! And your card is beautiful. Love it.

Anonymous said...

The grids are beautifully done! Gorgeous card!