Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Happy Canada Day


Time to celebrate. I'd like to wish my fellow Canadians a Happy Canada Day. This virtual card is the best way I know how to not leave anyone out. It's a beautiful day out there; I'm outta here as soon as I'm done posting here and uploading the card to Splitcoast. I hope everything is going well for you today.


The cardstock for this card is either whisper white or real red.


The left border was cut to 1 inch by 5 1/2 inches, then scallop-punched using the corner rounder punch with the guard removed. The tone-on-tone is stamped with the stars from Background Basics.


For the maple leaf I punched out several large stars from scraps of Real Red cardstock, cut off 2 of the points, then glued them together. I also cut the stem from the same cardstock.


The "happy" from Happy Everything and the 1, 4 and 1 from Best Friends Numbers are stamped in Versamark, then I added Heat & Stick powder and red Cosmo fine glitter. The 1,4 and 1 were punched with the 1 1/4 inch punch and layered onto 1 3/8 inch circles. Finally, I stamped the equal sign from Best Friends Numbers, then used the Stamp-a-ma-Jig to line it up at 90 degrees to make it a number sign.


Best Friends Numbers and Background Basics are set to retire in August. So if you have your heart set on them and haven't gotten around to ordering them, see your local demonstrator pronto. If you don't have one, I can help you if you're in the greater Toronto area.
Just click on this link, click on my Splitcoast name for a drop-down menu, and send me a private post.
Meanwhile, enjoy some music by Canadian artists, found at the bottom of the page.

No comments: