Sunday, May 4, 2008

Brayered Landscape


This ATC was created using a small brayer and 3 Classic inks: Summer Sun, Old Olive and Bordering Blue, and a sheet of scrap bond paper torn in 3 parts. I labelled these Sky, Mountains and Foothills.


First, I brayered Summer Sun over the whole ATC layer. Then I would use the mountain piece to mask the ATC while I brayer the foreground in olive Next, I laid the Sky piece over the top part of the ATC and the Foothills piece over where I brayered with the olive then brayer the open part with Bordering Blue; this would form the mountains.
Now with the sponging: I take a couple of sponges and ink them with Cameo Coral and Bashful Blue to add the blue sky at the top and, using my Mountain piece to mask the mountains, add a bit of a sunset.

Next comes the stamping. Using the Foothills piece as a mask I stamped the trees, only from the image of the trees and skyline from Noble Deer. Sometimes I would add the grass from the 3 deer image from the same set.

The bird and branches on the right of the image are Versamarked and embossed in black detail.

No comments: